Empowered healthcare managers make:
- disruptive employees nervous;
- dysfunctional employees temporary;
- engaged employees loyal;
- benign managers uncomfortable;
- physician interactions trusting;
- patient interactions positive;
- routine activities energizing;
- team membership prestigious;
- mundane functions meaningful;
- administrators become calculated risk-takers;
- employment at their facility coveted;
- quality healthcare possible.
Are you making these happen where you work? If not, what---or who---are your obstacles?
Identify them and set out to clear your path. But first, make sure you're not one of them.